Best Cloth Diapers and Pails for Newborns (2018 Reviews)
Cloth diapering is making a comeback in the parenting world after taking second place to disposable diapers for the last 30 years. This means that there is a long list of options to choose from when you are shopping for cloth diapers and pail to go with them.
What To Look For When Shopping For Cloth Diapers
Choosing the right cloth diapers for you and your child depends on three things: the quality, the convenience, and what you can afford. There are seven types of cloth diapers to choose from.
- Flats and Prefold: A simple piece of fabric that you have to fold and pin.
- Contoured: Similar to the Prefold except they are shaped to be a better fit.
- Fitted: Equipped with elastic at the openings and a means to secure it such as Velcro or snaps.
- All-In-One: Include a waterproof cover, elastic, and fasteners.
- Pocket Diapers: Similar to All-In-One except you must place a liner inside the pocket.
- All-In-Twos: Similar to pocket diapers minus the pocket, you simply lay liner in the middle and replace when needed.
- Doublers and Liners (Bonus): Inserts to provide extra-absorbency
Click Here To View The Best Cloth Diapers On Amazon
What To Look For When Shopping For Cloth Diaper Pails
Purchasing a diaper pail for your cloth diapers is essential because you will not want to add those dirty diapers to your other laundry. There are two types of pails on the market: wet and dry.
Wet pails soak diapers in water, vinegar, and baking soda while awaiting washing. Dry pails use a bag to contain the diapers until it is time to wash. You will first need to decide if you want to use a soaking system for your diapers. Using a wet pail means that you need to wash the diapers more often. Dry containment systems allow you to wash diapers every 2-3 days. When you are shopping for your cloth diaper pail, you will want to look for three specific features.
- Air-tight seal: To avoid smelling the dirty diapers all the time.
- Lid with a lock: To avoid little children getting into the diaper pail.
- Compatibility with cloth bags: To enable you to wash the bag instead of buying refills.
What Are The Best Cloth Diapers and Pails In 2018?
- Thirstie’s Duo Wrap Snap
- BumGenius 4.0 Pocket Cloth Diaper
- HappyEndings All-In-One Diaper
- Odorless Cloth Diaper Pail
- Dekor Diaper Plus Disposal System
- Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail
The Best Cloth Diapers In 2018
Thirstie’s Duo Wrap Snap – Read Customer Reviews
This All-In-Two diaper offers waterproof fabric, snaps for easy closure, and a comfortable fit around the legs and waist. Customer’s say that the snaps are more manageable than the hook & loop fasteners because they offer a stronger hold and are less likely to break. This diaper is affordable, easy to use, and comes in a variety of attractive designs.
BumGenius 4.0 Pocket Cloth Diaper – Read Customer Reviews
This diaper offers leak protection and sides that stretch. Stretch is a convenient feature because it allows the child to use the diaper longer than average diapers. This diaper is accompanied by two reusable liners, one in infant size and one in average size. The weight requirement is between 7 and 35 pounds. This flexibility will allow your child to use this diaper well into their toddler years.
HappyEndings All-In-One Diaper – Read Customer Reviews
This diaper offers a stay-dry fleece liner that claims to be helpful for babies who get rashes from wetness. It is equipped with four layers of absorbency, two are microfiber and two are bamboo. The charcoal bamboo feature offers an antibacterial and anti-fungal barrier. This is a new feature in the cloth diaper world and is a quality feature for babies with extra sensitivity. This diaper also has a leak guard in the front for babies who are prone to sleeping on their stomach. Overall, this diaper has the best qualities available at an affordable price.
The Best Cloth Diaper Pails
Odorless Cloth Diaper Pail – Read Customer Reviews
This cloth diaper pail is equipped with a carbon filter that keeps odors under control. This feature is valuable because it is replaceable and secure. The pail is 11.38 x 11.38 x 14.25 inches and made of recycled plastic. It boasts the title of the most eco-friendly pail on the market and also offers strong lid clamps to keep children from getting inside.
Dekor Diaper Plus Disposal System – Read Customer Reviews
This pail can be used for either cloth or disposable diapers. They offer the option to purchase washable liners for cloth diaper users. This pail is 22.2 x 13.5 x 9.5 inches and is made of scratch-resistant plastic. Its customers all agree that the odor protection is superior to many of the other pails on the market. This is due to the triple odor control seals lining the inside of the pail. Another valuable feature is the pedal-operated lid for convenience.
Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail – Read Customer Reviews
This pail is usable with both types of diapers and its steel is powder-coated to aid in odor control. It also offers rubber seals and a sliding lid technology. It has a child safety lock, a delayed closing lid, and is available in 10 different colors. Another convenience offered by this product is its compatibility with an array of containment bags, including washable cloth bags.
Choosing the right cloth diapers and containment pail can be frustrating if you do not know what qualities are important. When you are deciding which diapers fit your child, remember to consider convenience and price first. The same goes for you diaper containment pail.
Every child is different and has different needs, it may take some trial and error to decide which diaper suits your child’s the best. This list shows the top rated products available for cloth diapering parents. All of these options are affordable, versatile, and come with a multitude of features to make diapering your child a breeze.
- How to Get Rid of Baby Hairs? How to Remove Baby Hairs from Top of Forehead?
- The Best Blender For Smoothies in 2018 (for under $200)
- 50 Really Good Truth Or Dare Questions
- The 10 Best Yoga Mats, Bags and Towels In 2018
- Top 9 Best Beard Oil and Conditioners (2018 Reviews)
- The 100 Best Pump Up Songs Of All Time (In 2018)
- The Best Treadmill For Home Use in 2018 (under $1000)
- Best Pregnancy Pillow Reviews (In 2018)
- August 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013