The 20 Best Happy Songs That Will Make You Feel Good
Plenty of studies have revealed that listening to music has a positive effect on you overall well-being and state of mind. Music is purported to increase dopamine levels in the brain, which in turn increases your contentment or ‘feel good’ state of being. Different music may have different effects, but there’s no reason why happy songs won’t rate high on the contentment chart. We’re betting that these top 20 happy songs will make you feel good if not great.
The 20 Best Happy Feel Good Songs Of All Time (As Of 2018)
20. I’m a Believer – The Monkees
Just looking at this boy band from back in the day will have you feeling good, but so will the song. This catchy tune will surely get your feet tapping while you happily sing along on the way to your happy place.
19. Love on Top – Beyoncé
Love makes people happy and the message of this song is about a relationship finally being in the right place. Happiness is what you will experience when you listen to this rhythmic song. You will be singing along and jamming to the beat.
18. Don’t Stop Me Now – Queen
Being in a good place has you firing all cylinders. This song starts off a bit slow, but then picks up the tempo that gets you moving and having a good time. Which is basically the gist of the song – don’t interfere with those having a good time.
17. Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson with Bruno Mars
Uptown or downtown, the huge chart topper has the groove to move you to your happy place. As the song goes, “don’t believe me, just watch.”
16. The Way You Make Me Feel – Michael Jackson
This one is a favorite for many Michael Jackson fans and sure to turn a less than happy state to one of feel good emotions. Who doesn’t love an upbeat serenade that talks about the laws of attraction?
15. Good Vibrations – The Beach Boys
Give good vibrations and you’ll get good vibrations. This classic track from the Beach Boys is a perennial feel good song still going strong. You can’t help but feel good when listening to this oldie by goodie.
14. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper
This catchy tune stays in your head and will have you humming and singing your way happiness. Girls and everyone else will want to have fun listening to the upbeat vibe this song provides.
13. Tightrope – Janelle Monae Featuring Big Boi
While this song is about watching out for certain kinds of people who try to still your joy or success, the beat and the vocals can’t help but get you in a happy move. Caution, this song might inspire some of you to attempt some serious dance moves.
12. Boogie Wonderland – Earth Wind and Fire
Boogieing always makes you happy. And this song pays homage to a wonderland full of dance and love. If you want to bask in the happiness of the boogie, this song will take you there.
11. You Make My Dreams Come True – Hall and Oates
This song gets you from the start with its funky beat. You will be jamming, rocking and swaying to your happy place while thinking about how you’ve made a dream come true.
10. You Are the Sunshine of My Life – Stevie Wonder
Sunshine makes you happy and being sunshine to others is even better. The beat is just plain feel good awesome.
9. A Change Will Do You Good – Sheryl Crow
Many times change equals happiness and this song tells you why. You’ll feel movement towards your happy corner while jamming to this tune.
8. Happy Together – Turtles
Imagine being content with that one special person. This song pays homage to being happy in love and is sure to get you in a feel good mood.
7. Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher – Jackie Wilson
Be ready to tap you toes and sing along. Who can resist the smooth voice of Jackie Wilson and his high pitched falsetto? Hands down, this is a timeless feel good song.
6. Hey Ya! – OutKast
The title says it all. You can expect to have fun with this one. Expect to be in good mood all day long with the beat bopping around in your head.
5. Don’t Worry Be Happy – Bobby McFerrin
With Bobby McFerrin as the original human beat box, you can’t miss the message of this song. Listen and get to your happy place for sure.
4. Forget You – Cee Lo Green
It’s okay to say goodbye to people who’ve done you wrong and forget all about them. This fun song with the funky beat can’t help but make you feel good. The beat along with get you moving and grooving.
3. Walking on Sunshine – Katrina and the Waves
This song will instantly make you get up and move. If you’re going to walk, it might as well be on sunshine.
2. Beautiful Day – U2
Listening to this song about a beautiful day will surely move you to more joy and contentment. Appreciating the little things in life promotes a lasting happiness vibe all day long.
1. Happy by Pharrell Williams
Need we say more? This mega hit was celebrated by a wide ranging diverse audience and got people on their feet doing the happy dance. If you don’t feel better after hearing this song, check your pulse.
There you have it –our list of the best happy songs sure to get you to your feel good place. Give these a listen and you’ll see. What’s the worst that can happen? Transitioning to a better mood, perhaps? Enjoy.
- The 20 Best Karaoke Songs For Men & Women (In 2018)
- Top 20 Best Friend Songs Of All Time (As of 2018)
- The 20 Best Party Songs Of All Time (In 2018)
- The 41 Best Workout Songs Of All Time (as of 2018)
- The 20 Best Dance Songs Of All Time (As Of 2018)
- The 20 Best Sad Songs Of All Time (As Of 2018)
- The 20 Best Break Up Songs Of All Time (as of 2018)
- Top 20 Best Country Love Songs Of All Time (As of 2018)
- 50 Really Good Truth Or Dare Questions
- The 10 Best Yoga Mats, Bags and Towels In 2018
- Top 9 Best Beard Oil and Conditioners (2018 Reviews)
- The 100 Best Pump Up Songs Of All Time (In 2018)
- The Best Treadmill For Home Use in 2018 (under $1000)
- Best Pregnancy Pillow Reviews (In 2018)
- The Best Juicers On The Market Reviews (as of 2018)
- The Best Rowing Machine For The Home in 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013