Best Hearing Aids On The Market (2017 Reviews)
Hearing loss is a big deal in America. According to AARP, more than 31 million Americans have impaired hearing. This ordeal affects people of all ages but is more common in the aging population. While there are various causes of hearing loss, prolonged exposure to loud noise is a significant contributing factor.
In some cases, hearing loss is related to aging or medical reasons such as a birth defect, fluid buildup or a punctured eardrum and can oftentimes be corrected surgically. For many, the use of a hearing aid is the best option.
How Hearing Aids Help
The hearing aids of today are electronic battery operated devices that uses a very small microphone to pick up sound waves and deliver them to the ear through an equally small speaker. The technology is such that weak sounds are transformed into louder sounds so they may be heard by the device users. Hearing devices are basically sound amplifiers. But with modern technology, sounds are not only amplified, but made clearer through the reduction of background noise.
Various Types of Hearing Aids
Hearing aids are worn in or around a person’s ear to improve hearing difficulties. There are many types of hearing aids available to those who have hearing loss. Choosing the right hearing aid can improve quality of life.
Here are descriptions of the various types of hearing devices:
- Behind the ear devices (BTE) are designed to fit securely behind the ear. A typical size is about one inch in length.
- An over the ear (OTE) style is similar to the BTE but is sits on top of the outer ear. The device is typically very small for comfort and minimized visibility.
- An in the ear (ITE) fits in the confines of the outer ear. These devices are custom-fitted.
- The in the canal (ITC) hearing aid is inserted deeper in the inner ear canal where they are barely visible.
- Then there are the completely in the canal (CIC) devices that are even smaller than the ITC devices. These tiny devices are barely visible, if at all.
The type that works for you depends on your personal needs and whether or not you mind the aesthetics of the larger models. Small devices may be more appealing, but they can also be difficult to handle.
How to Choose A Hearing Aid That’s Right for You
When choosing the hearing aid right for you, understand that the device does not restore lost hearing. Hearing aids are designed to improve hearing loss by amplifying sounds and making them clearer and understandable. On this premise, it is important to choose a hearing aid based on your hearing challenges, the features needed to combat those challenges, a comfort fit and your budget. For example, devices can be very small and barely visible when inserted in the inner ear canal but may be uncomfortable or too costly. Ones that can be fitted and worn behind the ear may be more comfortable and budget friendly. When in the market for a hearing aid, it is a good idea to consult with a medical professional.
What Are The Best Hearing Aids In 2017?
- LifeEar Hearing Amplifier
- Romex Behind the Ear Hearing Amplifier R104A
- In-The-Canal (ITC) Digital Hearing Amplifier
- Tweak Hearing Focus Model Personal Sound Amplifier
- Mini Sized Canal Hearing Amplifier
- Easyus EZ-220/VHP-220 Digital Hearing Amplifier
- RCA RPSA05 Symphonix Battery Operated Personal Sound Amplifier
Our Favorite Hearing Aids On the Market in 2017
This product is high on the list because it designed by professional audiologists and is easy to use with a one switch operation. Plus, this model can help with most of the common hearing difficulties. It amplifies speech and minimizes background noise for a better hearing experience. The product also comes with a 12 month warranty.
This budget friendly hearing amplifier is a favorite because it is a FDA registered device. Plus it is designed by audiologist for people who have mild to moderate hearing loss. The aid fits behind the ear and uses thin tube to connect the sound amplifier to the ear. It comes with a 1 year warranty and a 45 day money back guarantee.
Barely visible, this model fits in the ear canal and offers an intelligent volume control while it delivers sounds to the ear. This is a favorite because it is an FDA approved device with energy safe technology that allows up to 500 hours of battery performance. This device is designed for a comfortable fit and is very light weight.
The good news about this model is that it comes with a program that instructs you on how to get the best performance for your personal preferences. The device not only has digital volume control but automatic feedback control. A good bet to help you hear better while watch TV or in normal conversations.
This battery operated hearing amplifier comes in a nifty carrying box that fits easily in a pocket or purse. It is light weight and easily adjustable with three different sizes of ear plugs for a comfortable fit. A one year warranty is also provided.
This device brings digital technology at an affordable price. It is an FDA approved hearing amplifier designed for a comfortable fit with three different sized earplugs. A protective carrying case is provided. Users can wear the device either ear.
Even though this light weight device is worn around the ear, it can interfere with eyewear. Yes, it can happily co-exist and be worn comfortable with your eye glasses. This devices process sound with the high definition you’d expect in a sound amplifier. It is light weight and can be used in either ear.
- 10 Negative Effects of Technology
- Best Earplugs for Sleeping With a Snorer (2017 Reviews)
- Best Workout Headphones For Running In 2017 (Under $100)
- The Best Waist Trimmer Belt Reviews (In 2017)
- The Top Ten Health Benefits Of Coconut Oil
- Best Fitness Heart Rate Monitor Reviews (In 2017)
- Best Vacuum For Hardwood Floors, Pet Hair, Stairs in 2017
- The 7 Best Electric Shaver Reviews In 2017 (Under $100)
- 50 Really Good Truth Or Dare Questions
- The 10 Best Yoga Mats, Bags and Towels In 2017
- Top 9 Best Beard Oil and Conditioners (2017 Reviews)
- The 100 Best Pump Up Songs Of All Time (In 2017)
- The Best Treadmill For Home Use in 2017 (under $1000)
- Best Pregnancy Pillow Reviews (In 2017)
- The Best Juicers On The Market Reviews (as of 2017)
- The Best Rowing Machine For The Home in 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013