The 7 Best Organic Baby Formula Reviews (In 2018)
With all of the harmful additives that make up much of our food and skin care products, many new parents are choosing to feed their baby only organic baby formula. When deciding to go down the organic baby formula road, you first need to which formula to avoid and which to embrace.
Which Formula Properties to Avoid
Organic baby food should contain only the purest ingredients. The nutrition labels on many of the standard baby formulas on the market reveal a shocking amount of ingredients that are chemical, synthetic, or processed. You should always check the nutrition label before buying a product. According to Food Babe, if you see these ingredients listed on the nutrition label of the formula, you should not buy it.
- Synthetic Preservatives
- Palm Oil
- Synthetic Nutrients
- Processed Refined Sugars
Anything that is synthetic or processed is not something you want to be feeding your baby. Introducing these products at such a young age can lead to poor eating habits and an unhealthy lifestyle in your baby’s future.
What Properties You Want in Your Organic Formula
Three are three things you want to find when shopping for your infant formula, most organic companies will have these statements written where they will catch your eye. These statements on the nutritional label of your organic infant formula include:
- DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) – This omega 3 fatty acid is essential for the proper growth of the brain, skin, and retina. It is also essential for the proper growth of the sperm and testicles in male children.
- ARA (Arachidonic Acid) – This omega 6 fatty acid is found in peanut oil and is essential to the growth of the brain and muscles.
- Non-GMO (genetically modified organisms) – This means that the animals used to create the product and anything else added to the formula was not manipulated by scientific engineering in the field of genetics.
These three basic properties make up a complete and healthy infant formula. DHA and ARA are steadily becoming standard in infant and toddler milk products because they make a big difference in the child’s developing body and brain.
What Are The Best Organic Baby Formulas In 2018?
- Earth’s Best Organic Infant Formula
- Baby’s Only Organic Infant Formula
- Similac Advance Organic Infant Formula
- Vermont Organics Infant Formula
- Earth’s Best Organic, Sensitivity with Iron, Infant Formula
- Honest Organic Premium Infant Formula
The Best Organic Baby Formula Reviews In 2018
Earth’s Best Organic Infant Formula – Read Customer Reviews
Earth’s Best holds the top spot on Amazon’s Best Seller Organic Infant Formula because it is almost identical to breast milk where vitamins and minerals are concerned. This formula contains twice the average amount of DHA, a primary component of proper brain and eye development during the first twelve months. It contains no artificial flavors, preservatives, or potentially harmful additives.
Baby’s Only Organic Infant Formula – Read Customer Reviews
This formula is gluten-free, contains no corn syrup or GMO ingredients. It is dairy based but is free of dairy tainted by growth hormone, steroids, or antibiotics. Baby’s Only is a good option for children who have gluten or corn allergies and is USDA Certified Organic. It is also equipped with DHA & ARA toddler formula.
Similac Advance Organic Infant Formula – Read Customer Reviews
Similac is the most recognizable name because of their line of standard formulas, they only recently added an organic option to their formula line. This product offers complete nutrition and is Certified USDA Organic with DHA, Lutein, and Vitamin E.
Vermont Organics Infant Formula – Read Customer Reviews
This brand is less-known than Similac, but it is USDA organic with no antibiotics, added growth hormones, or harmful pesticides. It also includes DHA, ARA, Omega 3, Calcium, and Iron.
Earth’s Best Organic, Sensitivity with Iron, Infant Formula – Read Customer Reviews
This product has all of the same ingredients as the original Earth’s Best Organic Formula except that it has a low-lactose content. It contains no added preservatives, colors, or flavors. It is USDA Organic and Kosher certified. This product is also free of steroids, antibiotics, and synthetic fertilizers.
Honest Organic Premium Infant Formula – Read Customer Reviews
This product is non-GMO and contains Iron, Vitamin D, Calcium, Choline, and Folic Acid. It is also free of high fructose corn syrup, antibiotics, steroids, synthetic flavors, Pesticides and peanuts. Their company makes a point to say that they left out the DHA & ARA is that is present in most organic baby formula and instead offers Baby DHA, which is a supplemental version made of Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, and Premium Fish Oil.
Kabrita Non-GMO Goat Milk Toddler Formula – Read Customer Reviews
Many pediatricians are now recommending that children transitioning from baby to toddler be kept on nutritional milk supplement to continue encouraging proper growth. This formula is made from goat’s milk and is ideal for children who have a sensitivity to cow’s milk. It is non-GMO without any antibiotics, growth hormones, or preservatives. It is equipped with 22 vitamins and minerals including DHA, ARA, and Iron.
Finding an organic baby formula that fits your baby’s needs can be tricky if you do not know what you are looking for. Remember that anything that looks difficult to pronounce is probably not a healthy additive and avoid products that have synthetic or processed ingredients.
The less unnatural ingredients you put in your child’s body, the higher their chances are of maintaining proper growth and health. Every baby is different and requires different nutrients, it is always best to speak to a doctor before you switch your child to a formula that they are not used to. If your baby has sensitivities or allergies to anything, you need to do your research on each product carefully to ensure that you will not be causing stomach upset or long-term damage.
With all of this information, you have everything you need to find the perfect organic baby formula and set your child down a path of good health for the future.
- Best All Natural Organic Shampoo & Conditioner Reviews
- Best Bottle Warmer for Breastmilk & Formula…
- Best Organic Multivitamin for Men & Women (2018…
- Best Organic Prenatal Vitamins with DHA (2018 Reviews)
- Best Eye Cream In 2018 For Dark Circles, Wrinkles…
- Best Shampoo for Oily, Dry, Thinning, or Colored…
- Best Infant Car Seat Travel System Reviews (In 2018)
- Best Natural Sunscreen For Faces with Sensitive Skin
- 50 Really Good Truth Or Dare Questions
- The 10 Best Yoga Mats, Bags and Towels In 2018
- Top 9 Best Beard Oil and Conditioners (2018 Reviews)
- The 100 Best Pump Up Songs Of All Time (In 2018)
- The Best Treadmill For Home Use in 2018 (under $1000)
- Best Pregnancy Pillow Reviews (In 2018)
- The Best Juicers On The Market Reviews (as of 2018)
- The Best Rowing Machine For The Home in 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013