How to Get Rid of Baby Hairs? How to Remove Baby Hairs from Top of Forehead?
Please note: This post is about small “baby” hairs on the top of the adult forehead and not related to hair of non adults. We also highly recommend speaking with a physician and/or hair specialist before trying any of these remedies at home.
Do you know about the Superman Curl? Well, people usually tell me that I have one on the top of my head. The Superman Curl is the curl at the end of your hair, which either float or stick on the head. There are people who like this curl, but also there are people who want to know how to get rid of the baby hairs that cause it. This article is for the people falling under the second category.
Personally, I find this curl nice. It is something unique that not everyone has. But for those of you who do not like it, you can read below to find out how to remove these baby hairs from your forehead.
What are Baby Hairs?
Okay, as always this is the first question. What are Baby Hairs? We need to know the correct answer to this question before we get into talking about the remedies.
Baby Hairs are the Natural Curls of hairs on the top of your forehead.
What Causes Baby Hairs?
There is no defined cause for baby hairs. Mostly just genetics and how you treat your hair.
- Genetics: Genetics always play a role in forming, designing and molding all the body parts of any living being. The same procedure of transfer of Genetic Information occurs, to make you have Baby Hairs on Top of Forehead.
- Pulling out Hair: Well this is something most of us would disagree to be doing, but those who pull out their hair often, usually have Baby Hairs.
- Head Cap or Hat: Wearing Head Cap or Hat is sometimes the cause. This suppresses them and they somehow lose their original shape and texture and turn wavy or curly.
- Comb with Thin Tooth Brush: This idea of Combing your hair might attract most of you, but the baby hair has a strong association with this. As it pulls the hairs out in a way.
- Tight Pony Tails: Girls who make a Pony Tail with their hair. This one mistake invites baby hairs.
So, these were some of the most common causes. Read below to know how to get rid of them.
Why Prevent or Remove Baby Hairs?
- Baby hairs are very tiny and thin but can trap moisture from the skin, and make it sweaty and uncomfortable at the top of forehead.
- When you use a facial or hair product, Baby hairs can stick to it, and cause irritation
- If you are someone who has to spend time under the sun every day, it is very important to remove baby hairs. Otherwise, the skin of forehead around these baby hairs will become extremely dry at all times.
- Nobody likes to have frizzy baby hairs on your forehead. Those can sometimes look annoying and unnecessarily curly.
Prevention is always better than cure, right? For that reason, it is Important to look for the preventive measures for baby hairs before we move onto the ways to Tame Baby Hairs.
Types of Baby Hairs:
- Superman Curl (People appreciate Superman obviously)
- Frizzy Baby Hairs (Which you want to Get Rid of)
How to Prevent Baby Hairs?
- Avoid Wearing Caps: This has worked a lot for me. I used to be a guy who would wear a cap on any day, and every day. When I lost my cap, things turned normal and now I feel better about my hair.
- Start Using Combs with Thicker Teeth Gap: Teeth Gap in the Comb is very important. You might like to comb your hair with a small teeth gap comb, but that way your hair turn frizzy and then turn into baby hairs. So, go for a comb with more teeth gap.
- Oil Regularly: One way to get rid of baby hairs is by keeping those wet. Water can’t work all day long, right? That is why you should use oil for this purpose.
- Keep it Clean and Don’t Pull: Above all the other things, this is one most important thing that you need to do in order to prevent baby hairs. Keep your hair clean and Don’t pull your hair tight.
- Think twice before a Pony Tail: You might be a real fan of Pony Tails but you need to know that it might be the major reason behind your baby hairs. So, think twice the next time you are making a really tight pony tail.
Prevention is the best option to keep yourself away from an ailment, but when it is too late, you need to find the cure.
How to Tame Baby Hairs?
We all know that hairs on our head are in a particular pattern. But baby hairs are different.
- Warm Coconut Oil: Coconut Oil has many skin and hair benefits. Also, it supplies your hair with sufficient moisture and hence helps you get rid of frizzy baby hair.
- Strong Hold Hairspray/Hair Gel: While buying a hair spray or gel, do read the related reviews as well. These synthetic products are not the best alternatives but can work fine for you. You can use an old toothbrush and spray the hair gel or hairspray onto it, to comb your baby hairs with it.
- Olive Oil or Almond Oil: My mother used to do this for my sister’s frizzy baby hair. The idea is very simple. All you need to do is give yourself a mild hair massage focusing on all your baby hairs, and the rest of your head as well.
- Mustard Oil: Okay don’t be grossed and don’t cringe. This one is really very effective. Just apply the oil on your baby hairs, and tame those. That is all you need to do and the rest will just happen.
Okay after all the Preventive Measures and Instant Remedies to Tame your Baby Hairs, this is the time when you get to know How to Remove Baby Hairs on Top of Forehead for a long period of time.
1). Dermaplaning and Shaving:
Shaving and Dermaplaning are two of the easiest and most common ways to Get Rid of Baby Hairs. Just that there is a slight difference between these both. Have a look at that.
- Shaving: Shaving is the procedure with which you can easily Remove Baby Hairs, using a Razor and Shaving Cream. Just that you should be very cautious while using the Razor or it might cause Skin cuts and several other Injuries.
- Dermaplaning: It is a somewhat Professional version of Shaving. For Deplaning you have to keep the razor extremely close to your skin, and this process requires lots of Precision. So, just be cautious.
2). Hair Removal Creams:
This is truly the easiest to implement a method for removing these hairs. To make it work for you, you just need to go to the store and find the best hair removal creams.
Note: Don’t use if you have a sensitive skin. It can cause Itching and Irritation.
3). Epilate your Baby Hairs:
The Epilation Methods is an effective way to remove these hairs. These Remedies work on your baby hairs from the inside, from the roots and help you remove them easily.
Different Epilation Methods:
- Threading: This method involves a thread and is made to form an ‘X-Shape‘. What it does is uproot the baby hairs and removes them completely. A small Drawback is, it takes around 20-30 minutes to carry out and needs a highly trained professional.
- Tweezing: This is the simplest Epilation method for removing baby hairs. What you do is either buy sterilized tweezers or just pluck them out from the roots. Painful, right? Yes, I know.
- Waxing: Waxing is another very famous Epilation removal method. It involves wax strips and hot wax.
Your friends might be of help for this procedure, as you can carry it out at your home. Just be extra cautious, because there is a chance of waxing out your hair that you want if you go carelessly.
4). Use Sugaring:
- Add 3 tablespoons Honey to 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice and mix it together
- Apply on the clean area of your forehead, in the opposite direction of your hair growth, and sides of hairline
- Mix 3 teaspoons of sugar, lemon juice and some water together
- Apply this mixture on your clean forehead and leave it like that for another 15 Minutes
- Then wash it with cold water and dry it all up
- Blend an egg white with some sugar and cornflour to make a Facemask
- Now apply this face mask and peel it off after 20 Minutes
- Peel the mask off in opposite direction of hair growth
- Add 2 Teaspoons of water to 2 teaspoons of Yogurt, and mix it up to make a paste
- Apply this paste on your Baby Hairs and remove after 15 Minutes
- Wash the hair with lukewarm water and repeat this twice a week
For Permanent Removal Of Baby Hairs, you need to undergo some more intensive treatments.
- Laser Hair Removal: People often use this method for removing hair from the body parts which they want clean forever. Although it can have some sort of side effects as well, still people opt in for this one. Why? Because it is easy but just costs money. I am not promoting or criticizing this method, but just that the truth needs to be clear, right? Yes, this method can be harmful at times.
The Laser produces a lot of heat and this heat can cause hair follicles to burn a bit, and also this will result in somewhat improper hair growth.
Apart from a few drawbacks, this method is widely famous and effective for removing unwanted hair.
- Electrolysis: Another Permanent answer to how to get rid of baby hairs permanently is Electrolysis. This is a procedure which will present charge to all your baby hairs and uproot those completely forever.
This method works separately on each hair strand and this is why it takes a lot of time to finish. This is very effective.
Final Verdict and Summary of the Article – How to Remove Baby Hairs?
This section is a sort of Index of the above post, so you can make sure that you didn’t miss any important information here
- What are Baby Hairs?
- Causes of Baby Hairs
- Why Prevent or Remove Baby Hairs?
- Types of Baby Hairs and How to Prevent Baby Hairs?
- Best Ways to Tame Baby Hairs?
- How to Get Rid of Baby Hairs? (Natural/Non-Surgical Remedies)
- How to Remove Baby Hairs Permanently? (Surgical Procedures)
So, this was it about How to Get Rid of Baby Hairs, How to Tame Baby Hairs, and How to Remove Baby Hairs Permanently. I hope you found this article useful, and if you did then share it with your friends and let them know these tricks too.
- How to Get Rid of Baby Hairs? How to Remove Baby Hairs from Top of Forehead?
- The Best Blender For Smoothies in 2018 (for under $200)
- 50 Really Good Truth Or Dare Questions
- The 10 Best Yoga Mats, Bags and Towels In 2018
- Top 9 Best Beard Oil and Conditioners (2018 Reviews)
- The 100 Best Pump Up Songs Of All Time (In 2018)
- The Best Treadmill For Home Use in 2018 (under $1000)
- Best Pregnancy Pillow Reviews (In 2018)
- August 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013