The Health Benefits of Kiwi: Surprising Ways It Heals
Who knew that vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and more healthy nutrients were packed into this little fuzzy brown fruit!
Kiwi reduces high blood pressure
Kiwi has potassium, which helps lower blood pressure. It also contains pectin, a soluble fiber that helps keep blood cholesterol levels steady. Your doctor doesn’t tell you about these 7 things that could lower blood pressure.
Kiwi protects against cancer
Kiwis contain phytochemicals, which help fight free radical damage that can eventually lead to cancer. They also have vitamin E and one large kiwi contains about 80 mg of vitamin C, which helps maintain a strong immune system. If you’re feeling ill, try these healthy habits that can help boost your immune system.
Kiwi prevents macular degeneration
Kiwi contains both lutein and zeaxanthin, antioxidants associated with good eye health. These 13 vision boosters having nothing to do with carrots.
- American Heart Association: “How Potassium Can Help Control High Blood Pressure.”
- American Institute for Cancer Research: “AICR Health Talk.”
- American Optometric Association: “Lutein & Zeaxanthin.”
- Current Atherosclerosis Reports: “Lipid Lowering with Soluble Dietary Fiber.”
- The Journal of the American College of Nutrition: “The Effect of Fiber on Satiety and Food Intake: A Systematic Review.”
- Nutrients: “Vitamin C and Immune Function.”