Chili Plasters for Aching Muscles
Ingredients 1 cup (200 g) orange Scotch Bonnet chili peppers 4 tbsp mustard powder 1 cup (200 g) coconut oil,
1 cup (200 g) orange Scotch Bonnet chili peppers
4 tbsp mustard powder
1 cup (200 g) coconut oil, non-fractionated
6 tsp (40 g) beeswax
4 packets gauze wound dressing pads, 4 x 4 inches (10 x 10 cm)
4 packets adhesive wound dressings, 4 x 4 inches (12 x 12 cm)
1. Wash and finely slice the chili peppers. Combine the peppers and mustard powder with the coconut oil in a saucepan. Cover and gently heat for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool with the lid on.
2. Pour the chili mixture into cheesecloth over a sieve and squeeze out the oil into a bowl underneath. Place the oil back into the saucepan and return to the heat.
3. Add the beeswax to the oil and heat very gently until dissolved; this will take less
than 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Soak the dressing pads in the oil mixture while it’s still hot. When they are saturated, remove the pads and let stand for 10 minutes on wax paper, or until set.
5. Once set and dry, the pads can be layered on top of each other, wrapped in plastic wrap, and stored in the refrigerator until needed.
USE Place a pad on an adhesive wound dressing, then apply to the affected area. Keep the area warm (by covering with a blanket, for example) and leave on for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
STORAGE Keeps for 1 year in the refrigerator.
Chili Talcum Powder
Both chili powder and mustard powder can be used to make a warming “talc” that invigorates circulation. Mix together 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp mustard powder, and 1 tbsp cornstarch, and use this to dust cold feet before putting socks on.
NOTE TO OUR READERS:
The information in this feature should not be substituted for, or used to alter, medical therapy without your doctor’s advice. For a specific health problem, consult your physician for guidance. Before using any of these remedies, especially if you have an existing medical condition, or are pregnant or breast-feeding, check with your physician. Some herbs may interact with prescription drugs, including the Pill and antidepressants; always do a 24-hour skin test before using. The publishers and author cannot accept responsibility for any damage incurred as a result of any of the therapeutic methods contained in this work.
[sale-item img=”http://media.rd.com/rd/images/rdc/products/grow-your-own-drugs-pd.jpg” title=”Grow Your Own Drugs” price=”13.57″ link=”http://www.readersdigeststore.com/Grow-Your-Own-Drugs-Easy-Recipes/A/1606521071.htm?trkid=rdv_store”]