18 Vegan Appetizers Anyone Will Enjoy
Get appy! Try these crowd-pleasing recipes, taken from a few of our favorite blogs.
Vegan Vegetable Tempura
Vegan appetizers from Vegan Yum Yum will make you wonder why other tempuras were irresistible. Snow peas, carrots, and broccoli work especially well here, but try what you like. Wondering about the benefits of getting more veggies into your body? Check out the amazing things that happen when you decide to eat a vegan diet.
Vegan Quinoa Spinach Bites with Gingered Orange Dipping Sauce
Bean there, dunked that? Blog Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes takes trendy quinoa and rolls it into a finger-friendly treat. If you want to skip the honey in this recipe, substitute agave nectar.
Thai Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Slim dunk: Blog The Curvy Carrot rolls up veggie-packed vegan appetizers made for a bowl of tangy peanut sauce. Rice noodles (very thin, practically thread-like strands) can be found often in the Asian food aisle at most supermarkets.
Spring Pea Guacamole
Dip, dip, hooray! A classic hit at casual parties, blogger Tori Avey slips frozen or fresh green peas into a simple guac recipe. You get more protein along with the good-for-your-heart fat in this Tex-Mex favorite. As you dip away, you can read up on the 7 health benefits of avocados.
For a fry without the fryer, try baked polenta fries from the blog Oh My Veggies. Light and crispy, you can dunk them in a homemade garlic-y tomato sauce, or just pop open a jar of marinara. You’ll never go back to those deep-fried, high-calorie mozzarella sticks again!
Fried Risotto Balls
Call these tasty poppers by their classic Italian name, arancini, if you’re feelin’ fancy. Here, blog Healthy Happy Life coats leftover risotto in bread crumbs and nutritional yeast. The yeast will give you some much-needed vitamin Bs, which are great for your skin, hair, and nails.
Roasted Cauliflower Bites with Nacho Cheese
These morsels from Fat Free Vegan Kitchen hit the same appetizer notes as buffalo chicken wings, but with a vegan tune. Even better, you’ll be eating more cauliflower—a powerhouse cruciferous veggie that gives you the same nutrients as broccoli, kale, and cabbage.
Vegan Artichoke and Spinach Dip
Blog The Full Helping‘s macho nacho dip layers smooth artichoke and spinach with mozzarella-style shreds and a rich cashew cream sauce, then tops the dish with nutty breadcrumbs.
Onion Rings with Thai Dipping Sauce
Golden brown onions from the blog Olives for Dinner get tongue Thai’d with an Asian-inspired, five-ingredient dipping sauce: water, rice vinegar, sugar, salt, and red chili pepper flakes.
Vegan Mushroom Crostini with Rosemary Lemon Cashew Cream
Vegan appetizer of champions: Blog 86 Lemons calls for dried porcini mushrooms, but use whatever shrooms are at the market to top the velvety lemon-cashew spread.
Crispy Tofu with Black Pepper Sauce
Taste of Home transforms a block of tofu and some Asian pantry staples into an impressive vegan appetizer (or main dish!). One bite, and you’ll become a tofu convert for life!
- Vegan Yum Yum: "Vegetable Tempura."
- Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes: "Quinoa Spinach Bites."
- Taste of Home: "Classic Hummus."
- The Curvy Carrot: "Thai Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce."
- Tori Avey: "Spring Pea Guacamole."
- Oh My Veggies: "Baked Polenta Fries."
- Healthy Happy Life: "How to Make Vegan Arancini."
- Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes: "Cucumber and Zucchini Summer Salsa."
- Fat Free Vegan Kitchen: "Roasted Cauliflower Bites with Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce."
- Taste of Home: "Chickpea Fritters with Sweet-Spicy Sauce."
- The Full Helping: "Vegan Artichoke and Spinach Dip."
- Olives for Dinner: "Vegan Mozzarella, Cherry Tomato and Basil Skewers."
- That Was Vegan?: "Garlicky-Pepper Tofu Bites with Chili Dipping Sauce."
- Olives for Dinner: "Onion Rings with Thai Dipping Sauce."
- Healthy Happy Life: "Triple-Stacked Quesadilla."
- 86 Lemons: "Vegan Mushroom Crostini with Rosemary Lemon Cashew Cream."
- Taste of Home: "Crispy Tofu with Black Pepper Sauce."
- That Was Vegan?: "Cranberry Tofu Lettuce Cups."