8 Best Sleep Masks for a Better Night’s Rest
Experts say sleep masks can be an effective tool to improve sleep quality, leading to better, more restorative rest. Here's what to look for in a sleep mask, plus eight of our top picks.
Our editors and experts handpick every product we feature. We may earn a commission from your purchases.
- Chelsie Rohrscheib, PhD, neuroscientist and sleep specialist at Wesper
- Ellen Wermter, board-certified family nurse practitioner and Better Sleep Council (BSC) spokesperson
- Logan Foley, Managing Editor at the Sleep Foundation
- Li Åslund, PhD, sleep expert at Sleep Cycle
- Nature and Science of Sleep: "Sleeping hours: what is the ideal number and how does age impact this?"
- Journal of Medical and Biologicial Engineering: "Physiological Effects of Deep Touch Pressure on Anxiety Alleviation: The Weighted Blanket Approach."
- Sleep: "Dissociable effects of self-reported daily sleep duration on high-level cognitive abilities"
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute: "Sleep Deprivation and Deficiency."